Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sheer Exuberance

A very prosperous day to you all. Thanks for giving my last post a thought. I highly appreciate it.

I have been very happy the last week or so. Jeez, I love this energetic feeling which was missing for a long time. Previously, you were told that I went for my visa interview which turned out to be a dream come true. Even though the visa officers say that visa has been approved, people feel hexed for a moment and can't decide for sure whether the paramount word was 'APPROVED' or .......'REJECTED'. Exiting the consulate, I had a somewhat similar feeling till I looked into the leaflet that had been given to me. The first statement was 'Your visa has been approved'. The statement was cemented into the corner of my mind. I know most of you must be thinking that I am obsessing you with the details but for a moment, put yourself in my shoes. 

Well I came back home and waited for the passport to be fully processed so that I could finally fetch it. But as it happens, the next couple of days were holidays which delayed my visa. Finally an email came on the 7th that the shipment had reached the requested location and it can be collected. We made a 3-hour long journey to the HAL (Hold-at-Location) just to be told that all the shipments had been shifted to some other depot w.e.f from 7th July '11. We kept our patience, noted down the address and left. This other building seemed a much better place than the one we had just been to. The attendant asked for my identity for verification. Once he realized that everything was in order, the package was handed over to me.

I looked at it for a minute going over all the effort I had put in for this small yet huge envelope in my hand. Once in the car, my hands themselves started working upon the package, loosening the stapler pins and ripping apart the glued paper strip. As I turned it upside down, the contents swished down onto my lap. If seen with a pedestrian eye, nothing was out of the ordinary among the contents. The documents that I had deposited during the interview had been returned to me in a very seemingly untouched state except for one thing. A page of the passport was occupied by a simple yet elegant piece of paper. My eyes were fixed at it for I don't know how long! 

It was sheer exuberance.

Here are some of the pics of the package which may seem banal to some. Please don't hide the feeling :-P

The envelope 

You know...just in case! LOL
Hope you enjoyed reading my train of thought.

Will keep you posted on further updates.

Till then, this is Twoccer signing off.
Abschied!

4 comments:

  1. Great job & a marvelous achievement!
    Congratulations dude !!
    The pics are really exuberant.
    Well done and i am really glad for your way to Washington "U" !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Now you are an official international student;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Clara....
    Yeah it feels great! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete