Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Final Breakthrough

Hola people, I hope you’re doing awesome.

I got to tell you that this is the first time I feel like blogging on and on. To be frank, all my previous posts were done out of an urge to sustain a continuity in the archives. You can yourself observe that most of my posts are a month apart or at least a fortnight apart.

Why do I feel this way?

You’ll know it in a moment.

It was the 14th of July ’11 when I was scheduled to meet my uncle. Dad and I started for the place in the morning. My uncle had been busy with his last chores as his whole family was moving to USA later this month. Both parties were finally able to convene in the evening with exhaustion visible on all our faces. I guess you’d be wondering as to why there was such a need for a conference. Don’t start biting your nails guys! I was myself in such a semi-state. But I had concluded that this was my first critical talk about college, mind you. Finally my uncle sets in the initiative and the talks begin. To sum all of it in a couple of sentences, we discussed three focal things - my commitment to college, the whole financial stuff and housing. There was no room for error on anyone’s part and I am happy that I played out my role without reserve. It was a no-nonsense 15-minute session. After all this ended, we dropped off my uncle to the airport whence he left for home.

Well I was happy about all of it but it still wasn’t reason enough for me to be ecstatic. Two days later, a mail comes from my uncle giving the probable dates for my arrival in USA as he would be the one who would receive me at the airport. I forwarded the dates to dad so that he could finally book my ticket. And voila! My air ticket was finally booked for 4th September ’11. I know all of this had to follow course after I had got my visa but still it felt great to hold the e-ticket hard-copy in my hands. What did all of it mean? It signaled that I had to start gearing up for college.

I can’t comment about anyone else but I know for a fact that I was on cloud nine.

After a millennium, I was finally going to USA for four long years. How does that feel for a start? :)

I am raring to go to meet all my UW friends in September. See you guys!

I hope this post made for joyful reading as it was certainly fun writing.

For now, this is Twoccer signing off!
Despedida.

No comments:

Post a Comment