Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Grandmas! You can never get enough of ‘em!

Hey people! I expect you all have been in excellent spirits. I can at least say that I have been so with some occasional downers. As you would have previously read, I would be moving to USA in early September and thus, have a lot of people to bid goodbye. Well this wasn’t something which I had thought of just after booking my ticket to be honest. It actually came to my mind when I visited my grandma earlier this week.
It was a wonderful one-week sojourn. I mean it had its shortcomings but still, was worth cherishing.
One of the best things about my grandma is that she cooks awesome food. Wait! Not awesome. Awesome Possum guys! Almost every day I got some traditionally cooked vegetable (of which I had no clue) and it turned out to be a connoisseur’s treat. The unknown, however, delicious treats still catch me unawares. Also grandma’s place had this collection of old editions of some kickass books. I found some masterpieces dated older than the 1970s. 

All of the above mentioned pros made up for the technological rehab I experienced during my stay. You must be wondering what the rehab was about. No Wi-Fi access. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I didn’t have my laptop or phone but still it was a fuss. 

All these aesthetic factors apart, the best thing that made this endeavor worth sharing was………my grandma. For me, she is this guardian angel who looks out for everyone.

To be succinct, I love my grandma.

I am sure all of you have felt the same at some point of time. 

Thanks for reading my thoughts. I trust they were worth reading.

Until next time, this is Twoccer signing off.
Despedida

2 comments:

  1. old cookbooks can tell us a lot of where we came from as people, my Mom's old "Joy of Cooking' has a recipe for cooking 'moofle' that is NOT in my friends newer version. Oh LOL @ this becuase it is a recipe for cooking moose head meat. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Scott

    That's an insightful thought.

    ReplyDelete