Monday, July 04, 2011

The Right Way

Hey guys! Hope you've been in the best of spirits. Well I've been feeling this way lately and I should say, it does feel good. You would remember I told you in my last post that I was having fun even though life had been downhill for me. When I returned home after my vacation, whiling away time became very difficult. Why? 'Cause there was nothing to do. I don't think a sound Homo sapien has the capacity to amuse himself the whole time by Facebook, movies, soaps, music, video games etcetera. In the end, everyone gets fed up one way or the other. For me, it was the same story until a new development took place.

Well, the new development was my visa process which kept me equipped with chores. I had to file for my visa interview which took a significant amount of time. Almost 5-6 days later, I had my visa interview. It was an interesting yet shaking experience. I mean, this was my last chance to prove my worth. So I was a bit disturbed. Although most of my friends had already gotten their visa approved, you don't feel confident till you yourself stand shoulder to shoulder with them. As is with all major things, you do a lot of introspecting and planning as to how will things work out during the final play. Documents and testimonials are a crucial part of the visa process. It took me a lot of time collecting all the needed credentials and I was amazed to see the countless archives in my grasp.

The time had come for the final showdown and I arrived at the consulate for the interview. The security officials outside checked my passport and interview letter and asked me to go inside. Inside, I had to pass through a thorough security check followed by document verification. After all this, I had to wait for my token number to be called for further processing. Never-ending time later, it was my turn to be in the battlefront. The first counter was for digitally authorizing my documents. The lady behind the counter was a sweet Indian lady with a nice sense of humor. Next was fingerprinting which was done by an American guy. All this was pretty easy. Here came the hard part! The interview. It was a little over 5 minutes when my number was called. The visa interviewer was a nice-looking American lady. She asked me a few questions to assert my confidence and fluency. Finally, I heard the words that I had so longed to hear. I mean I had dreamed every night about this day and its outcome. What were the words? And I quote, "So Dhruv, your visa has been approved. You can collect it after a few days." I couldn't realize what had just happened until I left the building. That was when I envisaged my moment of total triumph. It felt tremendously satisfying. All those days of  running here and there preparing for the damn thing had finally earned me everlasting happiness. I don't care if people found it a normal thing because visa approval is an everyday process for them. For me, it meant everything during that split second.

But after a day or two, I was back to my everyday routine again. Trying to loiter away time was again getting difficult. To top it all, my session was supposedly in mid-September. Can you imagine spending two months at home doing nothing when everyone else around you seems to be busy with their own agendas. That's my routine for you, my friends! But every once in a while, thinking about those beautiful words proves helpful.

I hope you find my thoughts worth reading.

Will keep you posted.

This is Twoccer signing off.
Arrivederci.



No comments:

Post a Comment