Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Going back into Time I

Now as I promised in my last post, let's rewind back to the previous year. Just so you guys know, I'm currently in University of Washington, majoring in Computer Science and Engineering. 

Excerpts from the Diary of Twoccer from September to January

".... After all the 'pre-college' events safely tucked away, it is time for the real deal - the first quarter of my four memorable, kick-ass years in college.
To-do list for now and the year to follow
  • Find an apartment (even a dinky little box would do) (why is this so hard??)
  • Register for classes (forget math; just way too full)
  • Get into my major (or you're gonna burn) ...."
 
".... Something that has still been on my to-do list for so long is a place to live near the university. With a week to go, I am scampering every day to all the common places looking for vacancies. When I ask people if they know about any vacancies in there area, it's like I'm talking Greek...." 

".... Oh yeah, miracles happen! I found an apartment. And when I say apartment, I mean an APARTMENT. Just about when I was starting to lose hope. Couple of weeks into the apartment search, I have found what I have been looking for - a clean, affordable studio with more amenities than I can possibly use. Let's just hope my credit check comes clean and get the thumbs up...."  

".... I officially have an apartment now. As soon as I got done with all the legalities, I have finally moved into my so-called home for the upcoming year ripe with surprises and hurdles. Find an apartment - check...." 

".... Today was the freshmen orientation for college. I was able to register for classes for the first quarter. Now mind you, it is my first quarter. I have gotten a pretty shitty schedule, one which will make no sense no matter what way you look at it...." 

".... The only class that has made me high during this quarter is my CSE introductory class. And the class that is determined to stomp on my flow is my politics class; no offense to all the political majors out there. It's all Socrates this, Hobbes that. Get a life already...." 
 
"....You can't always wish things to go as you want. Sometimes things tend to fiddle around. For instance, my apartment has started sucking the very life out of me as it gets way too lonely. Anyone who's been here, I'd really like to know how to put a cap on that vacuum pipe. Even my craigslist advertisement for a room-mate is drawing a friggin' blank...." 

".... Saw my first UW football game. Wildcats vs. Huskies. Guess who won? Yeah that's right! We kicked ass from here all the way to Japan. P.S. God was it cold! On top of that, I wasn't exactly dressed according to the weather...." 

".... The results are out and the first quarter has come to an end. Time to let the dogs out! To be honest, I was a difficult quarter but the literal figurative noose was loosened by all the parties and football games. Academically these three months haven't topped my list of the greatest months and my GPA doesn't exactly stand up to my expectations. So yeah, all in all, it isn't an unforgettable first quarter of college, however, depressing it may sound. On a cheerier note, there's a party tonight. Nuff said...."

No comments:

Post a Comment